Call Us Anytime6377909713
Online Form For Admission For Sainik School Thiruvananthpuram
SAINIK SCHOOL KAZHAKOOTAM,THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, KERALA
ADMISSION NOTICE, ACADEMIC SESSION 2020 - 21
(For Boys only)
1. Applications are invited for admission to Class VI and Class IX through All India Sainik School Entrance
Examination to be held on 05 Jan 2020 (Sunday)
2. AIM: To prepare the boys academically, physically and mentally for entry into the National Defence
Academy(NDA), Khadakwasla, Pune , Naval Academy(NA), Ezhimala, Pre Commission Training Institutions.
3. AGE LIMITS:
S.No Class Age Limit Other Criteria
(a) VI Born between 01 April 2008 and 31 March 2010
(both days inclusive)
(b) IX Born between 01 April 2005 and 31 March 2007
(both days inclusive)
should be studying in class
VIII in a recognised school
4. CURRICULUM: 10 + 2 science stream CBSE
5. EXAM PATTERN: The Entrance Exam for 2020-21 will be objective type question pattern to be
answered on OMR sheet. For class VI question paper will be printed in English, Hindi & Malayalam languages
as per choice given in application form by the candidate. For class IX the question paper will be printed in
English language only.
6. EXAMINATION CENTRES: The following Centres subject to a minimum number of 20 candidates
applying per centre has been earmarked. (a) Thiruvananthapuram (Sainik School Kazhakootam) (b) Kottayam
(c) Ernakulam (d) Kozhikode (e) Palakkad
7. TOTAL NUMBER OF VACANCIES (Approximate): Class VI : 80 , Class IX : 10.
(Vacancies may change based on actual availability of seats at the time of admission.)
8. ADMISSION: The admissions will be made strictly in accordance with the merit attained in the
Entrance Examination and Medical fitness of candidates. The school has not deputed any individual /
Institution for admission related coaching / training nor has any connection with individual/institution
9. CATEGORY WISE RESERVATION OF SEATS: 15 % for SC and 7.5% for ST. Out of remaining seats
67% are for Kerala Domicile - General and Defence (75:25) - and 33% are reserved for other state candidates.
Detailed split up of vacancies are given in the school website.
10. SCHOLARSHIPS: Different types of Scholarships are given by Central/State Governments
depending upon the Parents’ monthly income and category. Details are available in the website.
11. APPLICATION FORM : Online application form will be available from 05 Aug 19 to 23 Sep 19 on the
12. Details of registration fee including cost of Application form are given below.
Sl.No. Category Amount
1 General / Defence Candidates Rs.400/-
2 SC / ST candidates Rs.250/-
Registration of application for admission will be strictly on fulfillment of eligibility criteria mentioned in
para 3 & 12 above. Rejected applications / cash once submitted will not be returned in any case and no further
intimation will be made on this regard.
13. Last date of filling up of online application form is 23 September 2019. For further details visit